Monday, May 21, 2012

In My Own Backyard

Another May long weekend has come and gone. This year a little different. No camping. Missed out on that last year but that was flood and work related. This year totally due to lack of energy. And active participation from my kids. They used to love camping but now? They are teenagers and it's hard to adjust to that. I miss my little kids. Lol. I suppose they have to grow up sometime!

I spent most of the weekend sleeping although I did manage to get to the Farm Gate Market on Saturday. Its put on by the Riding Mountain Biosphere Preserve (we have a Unesco designated area right in our own back yard. How cool is that?) promoting local producers and artisans. http://rmbr.ca/

I'm amazed at what you find locally and how passionate and inspiring people are. I met a lady who has Mongolian yurts. Its an artist retreat. Check out her website. I think it would be fun. http://www.journeyhomeartistretreat.ca/Home_Page.html

I wish I had taken pics on Saturday but I was too busy talking to people. Finding out what inspires people and why they do what they do! My daughter was just shaking her head but I think she was a little bit impressed too! Maybe.

All in all it was a good weekend. Even with no campfire!

I did buy a nifty new purse and made a donation to get some native prairie cone flowers. Whoo hoo!


4 comments:

  1. I figure our window of parental coolness is also closing soon. Can't fight nature. Can say it sucks from this side though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I remember when they were enthusiastic about everything. Now not so much. Ah well.

      Delete
  2. I miss my kids wanting to do some fun things together.They are all adults,and have lives of their own.But the grandkids are getting older,so i can hope for the next generation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to my mom grand kids are awesome. Fortunately for me I have two new nieces I get to spoil and enjoy. And a friends little one too! That should satisfy my little kid fix! Lol

      Delete