Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Next Steps

OK, so its been quite some time since I've done anything with my blog.  Life got very difficult as my chemo treatments where heading in to the final stretch.  Apparently the effects of chemo are cumulative.  I'm sure someone told me that at the start but I guess I chose to forget that tidbit of info.

The good news is that chemo finished up in August and I am free and clear.  At least for the moment.  My CT scan came back clear and the markers that they test for in the blood, while high are stable.  I will have to continue to have blood tests, colonoscopies and ct scans fairly frequently for the rest of my life, but its a small price to pay for being alive and kicking.  I also can officially say I'm in remission in 5 years time.  Its a bit of a ways a way, but that's OK.

I've gone back to work part time, just waiting for my surgery date in March so I can get my plumbing hooked back up.  For the record, although the chemo made me sick, dealing with a colostomy is much more aggravating. 

I have also embarked on a new art adventure.  I am taking Effy Wild's Book of Days premium course starting December 31.   I am so excited.  She has some courses included when you sign up that you can access right away.  I've already learned how to bind my own journals.  Finicky but not difficult.

I will try and post more regularly and hopefully it will be more positive soul searching stuff.  More art, more living. 

I hope you will still be with me as I take the next steps on my journey called life!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are progressing along. Almost at the end of the crappiest year of your life, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are posting again and that the chemo is at an end...now my prayers for you are that your life will get back to normal and that you will embrace life.

    ReplyDelete