Friday, June 15, 2012

Blog Hop and Swap... or is That Swap and Hop?

I apologize for being late posting this.  Life kinda got away from me this week, namely a kitten we -meaning me- picked up.  He's adorable, but with two full grown labs, and another adult cat, it makes for interesting times.  Especially since the only one who really has issues is the kitten.  I think we've decided on Mmrr for a name.


OK, so we only got the kitten last night, but I am the queen of procrastination, and had planned on doing this post last night. lol.  That's life for you.

I took this online course called Building a Creatively Made Business with a whole lot of other creative and wonderful ladies.  Stacey Curry from Star Hitched Wagon came up with the idea of doing an item swap and blog hop.  The last blog hop I did was so much fun, that I said yes to this one. 

The lady I got partnered up with is Carolyn, a fellow Canadian.  What Fun.  I did up two separate pieces for her, and in return she sent me the most wonderful gift in return.

I am not sure how many of you are aware that I am currently going through Chemo for colon cancer.  But I am, and its created a great deal of chaos and change in my life.  That's why I was so thrilled to get what I did from Carolyn.  She took the time to make a gift especially for me.  I had all kinds of little extras with it, and she even took the time to scent the blanket with aromas that promote healing and peace.  I am always amazed at the thoughtfulness and support that is gifted to me from people who really are complete strangers.  I only know them through the course and Face Book.  Thank you so much Carolyn for the fabulous gift.  It arrived at just the perfect time for me. 

She sent a prayer shawl/lap blanket (in my favourite colour), a coffee cozy, a book by Beth Moore and some tea.  Yummy soothing delicious tea.  She sent three but used one before I remembered I was supposed to take pictures.  I use the blanket every day to snuggle in.  Its the perfect weight for summer.  I'm always cold, especially since I started Chemo, and this is just perfect to keep me warm without overheating me.




This was so much fun.  Here's the list of the fellow participants.  Please take the time to check them out. Happy Blog Hopping!


Brenda Geiger

Carolyn Carelton

Cathy Purcell

Christa Thomas

Deborah King

Jenna Alexander

Joanne Freeman

Kate Gadd

Lis Dunn

Lisa Lovestrand

Liz Bradley

Mikel Lyman

Pam Klenczar

Renee Ortiz

Renee Sendelbach

Sheila Rumney

Stacey Curry

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna!

    I am so thankful that you liked your gift! It was a joy to make for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna you are in my prayers!!! Carolyn really made you a beautifully heartfelt gift. I am so glad that it is offering you comfort. I loved the gifts you sent to Carolyn as well! Thank you so much for participating in the swap!!

    ReplyDelete